Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So all of a sudden I am tired of diapers!

Well, Eli, lately has been wetting through his diapers at night requiring me to change the sheets almost every day!  UGHHH!  So, Monday, I just decided that was enough.  Every time I were to ask Eli if he needed to go potty, he would respond with a quick but sweet, "No!"  Monday morning, I decided to ask again.  He actually said yes!  I was excited. I sat him up on the potty and nothing came out.  He bored of that pretty quickly and got down.  "That is okay" I said to myself.  At least it was progress.  I did not put his diaper back on him.  Well, we continued doing that several times all with the same result....Nothing in the toilet.  So I changed things up.  I asked him if he would potty in the bathtub.  He likes doing that before I run the bath water, so, if I could get him to go in the tub, GREAT!  He said yes, and quickly got into the tub and pottied in the drain!!!  YEA!  Success.  We continued that all day and we had great success.  He is not too fond of the toilet, but is more than willing to potty in the tub.  Am I sick in the head?  There isn't anything wrong with that is there?  Problem was, later that day, when I sat him on the toilet to poop, he said, "No Mommy, I poop in the tub."  So, we haven't conquered the pooping yet, but in my opinion he is making great strides in the pottying area.  Sometimes he still has accidents, but I think over all he loves his underwear and he loves going potty in the tub.  He has a stool now to stand on, to potty in the toilet.  He does that occasionally, but if he hasn't gone in a while, I offer the tub.  We run the water occasionally to "inspire" him and we also are trying to continually pump him full of liquids.  We decided that to reward his successes in the bathroom, we would give him 2 mini marshmallows for his achievements.  He likes that!  Guess we will see what happens when we go to church tonight!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment